26 May 2006

Job Offers

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
--Abe Lincoln


You can use me as a reference

Having worked at the Burlington Coat Factory for yon three months now, I must say it has been an overall good experience. I get to deal with a lot of weirdos, chumps and freaks. Freaks? I've had my fair share of what have yous in the business and I've been cranky the past couple of days because people think we're idiots and we're mostly not.

But, in all this craziness, I have been told several times by customers that I should get a raise, complimented on my speaking voice and I've even been offered at least two jobs. One lady gave me her business card and told me to call her so I could work in her office. A couple of days ago, one lady said I should go to Alaska and work for Cruise West. She even said I could use her as a reference [Matt Perry's mom I'll have you know]. There are even days where I consider becoming a radio personality. Might as well, 'twould be better than working for BYU [of course, that doesn't take much]. Maybe I should seriously consider some of these options. We'll see.

And, I hate my internet.

3 comments:

Chase said...

I told you once and I'll tell you again. We've been looking for a cabana girl to serve us drinks while we crunch numbers. Just send along your resume and I'll have my coworkers look into it.

Keith said...

That's ok, the internet hates you too. But ooh, take the job! Tis good.

LJ said...

All I have to say is "iiqsh."

That, and I think you'd make a fabulous radio personality. Complete with your trademark snarl/guttural mystery noise, da ladies will be falling over themselves to meet you.