06 June 2006

Congratulations!!!

"Don't tamper with that!"
--BCF customer


You're an instant target!!

No offense or anything, if you're angry, I and probably a lot more people are going to make fun of you. Let's get it straight, if you're angry, people are going to ridicule you. And I wouldn't be surprised if you do the same. Story:

There was this man a couple of days ago whom I told to wait a little bit longer to ring him up because there was another lady who had been waiting for much longer than he had at the time. To this he retorted "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to catch you at a bad time!" in a rather snappy voice. He apologized several times when I checked hime out. I wondered if I sounded angry and my supervisor said no. Eh... He said the above quote when I pointed to the little pay screen and tried to explain what needed to happen next. He didn't want me near the thing. He left me scratching my head in wonder when he had finally gone and paid. Almost immediately afterwards, at least two co-workers started quoting him in a mild manner of ridicule. That's when lightning struck my brain. People are humorous when they're angry. Part of them comes out and says and does some really weird stuff. And it becomes really funny sometimes.

Here's another example. There was this kid that hung around my group of friends for awhile in high school. On one occasion he was so enfuriated that he started talking in third person. We could hardly take hime seriously. There are certainly times when it takes every molecule possible to hold back your laughter. Of course we were also jerks in high school. But there are some people who, when angry, are just insant targets for ridicule. And many people will jump at the chance to make fun. And most of us aren't sorry. Too bad.

People don't read

At work I've discovered that there are a lot of people who don't read. Either that or they're so eager to sign anything that they're bound to sign their life away. The instructions on the touch pad are easy enought that if you stand back, wait and read their is no confusion. You always confirm the amount to pay before you sign. About 40% of my customers fail to read and start signing on that screen. It's pathetic. Oh, and even though it's printed on the receipt, close to no one reads the return policy. I'm sorry, you got jacked. Oh well.

1 comment:

Julie said...

i hate it when i fail to read and it comes back to bite me in the buns