04 September 2006

The Ghost of Meals to Come

"I am available until 4:00 Tuesday."
--Brian F.


Ready or not

First of all, yesterday was the commemoration of the day of my birth. Not bad. Generally I'm not one to patronize my birthday but if anyone asks I will tell. Nothing more. No bash or anything like that. Just good times with friends old and new.

Here I am in a new place, a new ward. Here I am beginning the new life of me. Here I am trying seperating my dependency on the old and integrating with the new. Here I am trying to be me and hoping I don't freak anyone out. Here I am. Wow.

If I haven't mentioned, I dig the new digs. Finally got some roommates. Still have a room to myself until an already purchased contract is again sold. Still need to hook up some electronics but all is good. Still debating about adding more music to the collection. However, "Rock, rock on" will probably get the most play anyway. Not all my stuff is transfered over. Need to figure out what to do with the other stereo and one TV. Thought the latter is being made well use of.

As for people, many things going on. I didn't stop by the old complex for a week. Some of the cats were on Flops' withdrawals. So they say. We had nice little chats. I had a dinner party with another good friend. How I am still friends with some of these people amazes me most everyday. Old roommate is doing alright. Very good friend should probably be coming in today. She called last night and I missed it. Sad day. My bro-in-law's little sister scored me some SpongeBob cupcakes. Another girl scored me some cake for the day of birth. Ooh.... And I helped move her stuff into her apartment. Meeting new people with style. Having a good time all around. And there's the traditional making fun of the third roommate. We have fun.

Just need to get things done now. Looking up and forward. And please go do good things.

4 comments:

Krista said...

And I quote "I had a dinner party with another good friend. How I am still friends with some of these people amazes me most everyday."

Sheesh, if you wanted out you could just have said so. ;)

Glad things seem to be going well.

Lovelove

Chase said...

So I hear you're a brajillion years old now. How'd you do it? Goat placenta? Fetal pig grindings? Clean living? 'Cause you definitely don't look brajillion. Happy B-day yesterday, punkin.

Ben said...

A. MB called you punkin.
B. Goat placentas.
C. Uffish makes good tacos.
D. Yar.

kersina said...

once upon a time you told me when your birthday was, or i found out from eileen, but apprently i didn't write it down, or if i did, i don't remember where. long story short (too late!) i forgot your birthday. i hope you really enjoyed those spongebob cupcakes. green with envy.