02 January 2007

Taking Back January

"I'm under the assumption that I'm gonna be the one that's leaving you"
--I Am Fred Astaire, Taking Back Sunday


One Eighty by Winter

This time, January is going to listen to me. In January's past, I've let things take control of me. Unable to make things happen, do things my way. Always reacting, always at the mercy of someone or something else. Always complacent.

Not this time. This time I'm making something happen. This January, this year I'm making decisions. I will take control of my actions. I will provide. None of this "I'll just let life pass me by" crap. This is me taking January by the shirt collar and telling it in the face "I AM HERE TO STAY!" I'll even collect some toadies. Freckled ones with bright red hair! I will rule this month. HA!!

Now what to do with my four day weekend.....

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm not sure I want to be your toady, even though I fit your description.

And I've got some changes to make too, as always. I'll cheer you on if you cheer me on.

Good luck on a good January.

Ben said...

Maybe you should collect some Toddy instead.