21 March 2006

And I was happy to get it

"Settle down cheese lips!!"
--Prof. Gaskill


Really, I just wanted to give him a snuggle

So, in my last soccer game [this was about a week ago] I managed to get a yellow card. This is only the second one I have ever received after playing soccer since the age of late 14. I did nothing that I haven't done before. I just grabbed on to a guy to slow the man down. Okay, so I held on a little longer than I should have. I've done stuff like that before but have never gotten a card for it. Only this time it was already my second foul of the night. I deserved to get called. My opinion was that I probably shouldn't have received said yellow card. I've actually gotten away with worse. Fouls are basically an opinion. At least, that's my view on things. Eh...

Generally when a card is pulled, the one receiving it puts on quite the spectacle shouting out that the call was lame. I was just like "eh...oh well," and then I was told to sit out for the next two minutes. Other teammates asked what I did and I told them that I held on to his tummy. "Oh, like you were tickling him?" "Yeah, I just wanted a cuddle." So in other words, I was having fun.

Afterwards, I told the refs that they did a job well done. The one gave me the card said I was a good sport and was surprised that I didn't argue the call or anything. He said it was the first time he's ever really had somebody be okay with the call. I myself having been a referee know what it's like to be on their side. He then congratulated me for being a good sport.

I got a yellow card and I'm okay with it.

3 comments:

T said...

You had Professor Gaskill? I loved him!!! I had him for the first half of BOM; he was the most energetic person I'd ever met. Absolutely hysterical.

Ben said...

You got Yellowcard and you liked it? Oh, well, guess there's not as much to be said for the generation gap as I thought.

Chase said...

http://www.transmogrifier.org/

Since you and Uffish asked for it.