01 March 2006

What's your favorite disease?

"You look more like a bulemic to me."
--Professor Gaskill


I prefer hepatitis

Now, what do you do? I've been living at this joint for quite some time now. I think it's now around 1000 days. That's nearing three years. As much as I love the place, a brother has to leave.

I look back and think to myself, the miller is a good place and I've enjoyed my time here, but I need change. And to tell you the truth, I'm excited about it. I made the decision awhile ago and I'm sticking to it. And it's about time.

There have been several people that have told me that I needed to get out of there much earlier. There are a few others that still want me to stay. Some have asked me, "what would the miller be like without Felipe?" My response is that it existed before I was ever here. The place will still exist after. I seriously don't think anyone will set fire to the place after I leave. I won't. I'm not a big fan of arson. Things will be different. That's to be expected.

This leads me to a kind of related story. I was talking to a friendgirl of mine right after class explaining my intentions of moving and how it was definite. And I've told several people that I've stayed at the Miller for several years. These people often ask why I've stayed so long. Miller doesn't really offer a whole lot. So I said to one friendgirl today that the Miller for many people is like their favorite disease. It is mine. I said, "I prefer hepatitis over gonarrhea." For a lot of people, you stick to what you're familiar with. I've wanted to move out before but a few little details have made me stay. Really, the best way I can explain why the lengthy stay is to go to some website. Sometimes, that's just the way it is.

One last list:
I won't miss the carbonated milk
I won't miss the parking lot for a front yard
I won't miss the millerization of everything
won't miss the creepy cleaning check lady
won't miss the psycho drama from over-active people
I'm done with guilt trips to get people to pointless and entirely lame activities
I will miss many friends
goodbye nasty carpet

5 comments:

Stephie said...

I really did enjoy the Parasite pals website. Much fun. I also think that if I discover a disease I will name it punlamg. I think it's catchy.

Ben said...

As mentioned on the phone -- α-1-antitrypsin deficiency's my fave. And you have to admit the Millerization of James Meaders and Stephie were fun.

Ben said...

Oh, and my dad has the shingles.

Krista said...

My roommate E thinks she has a blepharospasm. Or something spelled similarly.

And we need to watch 24 soon. Because I hear exciting things happened, and if I don't see it myself soon, someone's going to let it slip.

Keith said...

Good on ya mate! -Bruce, Finding Nemo