16 June 2006

You are quite attractive

"Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there"
--Josh Billings


Means to an end

I think this is a great story but I need to give some background of the inner workings of my job for understanding. So hence: Generally work isn't all that exciting. Like most jobs, there are a lot of things that have to be done in a certain order of events. When someone comes in to return an item or something we cashiers need what we call a "keyturn". This consists of us using the scanner to scan the barcode on the back of the manager's name badge. This happens all the time. So, over time we start using phrases like "Can I borrow your authority?" or "I need to scan you" and various other forms of the those questions and/or demands.

Storytime: One attractive female was returning an item without a receipt which requires an extra keyturn of an upper level manager [about level 40]. Amber came to my rescue to bag the merchandise that the attractive young female was also buying. I told Amber what was up and did my thing. After typing in a few numbers and pressing enter and tab in the necessary order it was time for me to get a keyturn from Amber. So I turn to Amber who is right behind me and I say, "Can I scan you?". Amber pulls out her badge and I scan. Whilst while we hear "Did you just ask if you could scan me?" Apparently said attractive female thought I was talking to her. Amber said the female was slightly taken aback and a bit giddy. We had to let her down. The whole happenstance was quite humorous. Good day indeed.

2 comments:

LJ said...

Ha! I'd scan you any day of the week.

Ben said...

You shoulda just scanned her. You don't get that opportunity every day, you know.