22 July 2006

Revelatory Sundays

"A little something to figure out."
--Bonnie Raitt


And other curiosities

Oh wow. This has been an interesting week. Full of discovery and surprise. Talk about hitting every note sharp and flat over four octaves of emotions. I've looked a lot to the past as of late. This act generally hammers my soul but this time around, I was able to see the why of things.

During Sunday School I actually stayed awake. The Bishop had gone over some details about revelations and who they apply to. I then thought to myself 'I've had a few revelatory experiences during my lifespan under the human race'. However one in particular stood out most. It was one that hit me early last November. It's not often do I ask certain questions. In fact, I think I've only asked it thrice, maybe... And let me tell you that the feeling I got was quite distinct. This experience was the exact reason for a very large many of my actions from then until April.

Over those many months I spent many a day thinking about details that dealt with said revelatory experience. What I did in December was a direct result of my thought process. What I did and could not do were because I still believed. Really, until now I believed in what I thought was true. What I believed in so much was only something that was possible, not necessarily "exact truth". I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I think I mentioned this before; that I believed in something so much that I would do anything to make it true. Which I still think is not necessarily a bad idea. Acting under such conviction will take you places. I think it's the only way to go. I've learned a lot. And it's been good and bad. But I don't mind learning.

I'm out to sea. Searching for treasures. Cutlass in hand, eyepatch on...eye.


C:\>Good Luck_

1 comment:

Julie said...

sounds great. i really should write some of my revelations down. that way i can convince my children that their mother is a good person.