29 July 2006

I want to ask you how you feel but that's probably inappropiate

"I just got game-overed!!"
--Ben, while playing Zelda64


This really happened to me

This is more story time. I'm hanging out with Fliptastic, L'Afro and extra-curricular friend Haley. Here we are this, that and everything including horrible date stories. We all know how that goes. So, all in all, it's a good time. During said time I gets a phone call. I don't recognize the number but will answer anyway. This happens now and again. And this is basically how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?

man: Hi! Is one Emily there?

Me: No...

man: Who is this?

Me: I'm Felipe, some sort of BYU student doing my own thing.

man: Is this 801[rattles of my phone number]

Me: Yup.

man: Oh...I guess I'll try another number...[sounding really, truly disappointed]

Me: Good Luck!!

Here are my thoughts. This man got hosed! Probably went to some sort of dance/party. More than likely went with a bunch of guy friends likely roommates. Goes out does a shimmy or two. Grows a little bit of courage and makes conversation with other peoples many of which are of the female gender. Good for him. He even has enough courage left over to ask for a girls phone number. This girl however, gave him not her phone number, but probably one she made up which happens to be mine. We might have the same prefix but, that doesn't help said boy. At all really. Now he just feels crappy. Maybe Emily wasn't even her name. Trust, what do we need that for? We all want a good time. And by so doing lead to the hosing of a man. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

C:\>Good Luck_

2 comments:

Chase said...

Wait. That was you?

Ben said...

'Good' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\>_