07 August 2006

Jelly Belly

"Every noble work is at first impossible"
--Thomas Carlyle


She never forgot the pedicure idea

This post is a tribute to Joji Logan. One of the coolest people I know. I work with her. She's in charge of the accessories department and passes by the registers often while at work. She was a huge fan of the pedicure date idea. Often times I hear her say "Hey Felipe, you have a hot date tonight?" To which I generally answer "No...", and then she'll say something like "Well, get to it." All in all, she is amazing. The absolute embodyment of niceness. She will always ask how I'm doing and just fun to talk to.

So, every now and again she buys stuff in the store. She gets alo t of things for her posterity. Why? Because that cool and who needs a reason, really? Last Thursday I'm doing my own thing at the customer service register and she comes up and buys some stuff for people she knows. As always, a good little chat. Fifteen minutes later she comes up again with this small can of Jelly Bellies. She looks me straight in the eye and says "Felipe, this is for your date. You can't eat it, you have to give it to your date." I blush. She smiles. I can't argue with her. I respect her wishes. She's only looking out for me. And really, who can refuse? So I now have this can of Jelly Bellies that lays next to my computer waiting for my next date to which I give. My next date will score. It'll be a good one.

5 comments:

Keith said...

Wow. All I can say is, "wow!" Your date will be a happy one, whoever she is.

Ben said...

No, I will not violate the no-manDate mandate for Jelly Bellies.

Chase said...

Man, I have about 10 lbs of Jelly Bellies sitting on my counter. You want some? I got a little carried away at the factory.

LJ said...

Mustache, I'LL take them, for crying out loud.

kersina said...

if i make it over to the jelly belly factory, i'll get you some belly flops so you can give them to the girls you don't want to see anymore.