21 December 2006

Things to avoid these next couple of days

"And someone else got hit by a cow."
--Kersina's claims


really

Yes, the Christmas season is in full swing with it's might hammer of glory and destruction. Tis the season for many things. Families are getting together, friends are going on a last hurrah from school. For retail corporate honchos life is beatiful as they're rolling in more benjamins than you shake a stick at. For those lowly retail peons, life is a freaking nightmare. Let's face it, we american christians go insane at this time of year. I am amazed what people are capable of when it comes to frantically looking for what they procastinated to get earlier. The day after requires more audacity than you can imagine to at least survive. Returns, sales, traffic and all the crazies elbowing you in the face. It's a scary day.

However, I can not underestimate the power of family and tradition. People have the power to make this Christmas day perfect for those around them. A calm day. A day to focus on the most important things in life. It's a good day.

I myself due to circumstances will not be traveling much this year. However, I will make the best of where I'm at. I am going to take time to consider the miracles and blessings of the birth, life and death of our Lord. I'm hoping this might make me a better person. Each moment I have can be something special. I'm doing what I can.

actual list

Okay, so now I'm actually letting you know what to avoid from now until probably the fourth of January, ahem:

Wal-Mart
University Parkway near State St.
University Mall
the BCF [I will love you forever on this one]
Deer running across the street while you're driving near home
Most large animals at that
Most if not all Greek and Roman gods
Ice swimming
ATM machines
Theft
Pandora's Box
A plaster bust of Burt Reynolds

4 comments:

Chase said...

But I love my bust of Burt Reynolds. Do I really have to stay away from it all season?

kersina said...

aside from my mission, last year was my only year away from my family for Christmas, although i was stuffing my face with nachos at eileen's house and watching "A Christmas Story." alone time is good time. you'll be in my thoughts. oh, and i'll try avoid all items on your list.

Unknown said...

i can't help avoiding the last one, and more's the pity.

Ben said...

I'll definitely avoid: BCF, Pandora's
Box, and Burt.