13 December 2006

Traffic School

"And that's who we have driving on the roads."
--Officer Janda


Monday spent well

A week ago Monday I was unable attend the Home Evening for the week. I was required by law to be somewhere else attending Traffic School. Well, I got a speeding ticket and to take care of things so that my record would be clean, I went to said school.

I get to the courthouse with a few minutes to spare. I get a good seat near the front. I wasn't sure what to expect. The Officer got up said a few things in introduction. Turns out, traffic school was a lot of fun. He showed a few boring general slides of course. But then there were other slides and videos of some really humorous stuff. Mostly showing that people are capable of being idiots. A couple of Leno or Letterman videos. Also some game show videos where the contestants had the cumulative IQ of cement. Really, I was reminded about a lot of the laws and had a good time. That's something that doesn't really happen going to Home Evening. And I didn't even miss Home Evening. I'd rather go to traffic school. Not saying that I want to get more speeding tickets, but it was a lot better than the alternative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mad props on the traffic school. That was tight, yo.

Julie said...

I think it should be mandatory to attend traffic school every 5 years because we really do forget about a few laws here and there... even me. I know, shocking as it is! I wonder if they would just let us audit the class.