15 April 2005

He looks familiar

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me... you didn't pay money for this."--Rafael, TMNT

Just the other day I made a Wal-mart trip. Good times indeed. I went mostly to get some IBC's for Brett's bachelor party. However, I stopped by the the movie section which you know, just to see what was around. And then on the stand I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Original Movie. I then proceeded to say "I hate myself," and grabbed the movie and bought it. That trip was something else. Well, last night I put TMNT in and wow, good movie. So cheesy and funny. The don't make movies like they used to.

Also, while watching it, I saw one of the thug characters and I thought, hey, he looks a lot like the guy who plays Guy Fleegman in Galaxy Quest. So I checked it out on the internet movie database because I would have been bothered a lot unless I knew who played what. And it turns out that it was the very same Sam Rockwell who does both roles. That made me so happy. It's amazing what nine years can do to a person. Now I just see the connection and think, that's so rad.

Other thoughts about this. Cory Feldman did the voice for Donatello (remember Mouth in Goonies). Warwick Davis (you might remember him as Willow) played Wicket in Return of the Jedi and was in all the other Ewok movies. It has surprised what people have played. Yesterday was a good day. In the words of Donatello: "It's too derivative." You all are great!!

No comments: