03 April 2005

I have to keep my ears warm

"Can't do plaid!"--The Caped Chameleon, The Tick

A little about myself, ahem: I gots thick hair. Fro-type action kind of stuff. And I generally go through phases (or long periods of time) without a haircut, so....that means that the mop upon my noggin is almost always doing something a bit off the deep end after it gets past a certaing length [somewhere between one or two inches of length]. The cycle is essentially thus: hair grows out some time, and then I take a pair of hair clippers put on the #1 length [1/8 in. I do believe] and shave away. Every now and again there is variance but not often.

Almost always there are many a person out there and I receive several comments about the hair [especially when length is rather great]. About two/three weeks ago, I gave my head a good shaving. It was much needed. So, with that, a couple of days ago a friend passed by in which he commented that my hair was growing out again. To which I replied, "Fancy that, so is yours!" Amazing concept. Hair grows out? Who would have thought? We had a funny conversation.

Now, as ye hair increases in length there have been certain peoples around that have been more obsessed about my hair than myself. Which should never happen. You worry about your hair and I'll worry about mine. This sometimes gets bothersome. Ex: one character would often ask me how my hair was doing. And everytime I was tempted to reply the following, "You know, my hair and I haven't been on very good terms lately and I haven't talked to it in awhile. Why don't you ask it yourself." Yeah, so I'm really okay with short hair. Very much less bothersome. I hear less the from different people wanting me to never cut my hair or to cut it as soon as possible. Frankly, I'll do what I want with it. The only thing I suggest right now is Suave. And I would like to thank Dr. Jones' mom who has told me on a couple of occasions that I exude personality.

Sincerely,

Taft Esq.

No comments: