26 October 2005

I wear pants

"There are a lot of things you find in your pants."--Matt

I wear pants and shorts, although rarely at the same time. Then there are those shorts that used to be pants thanks to one swiss army. Also we have the really long shorts you don't want to call high-waters. SPANTS!! Track shorts are filthy short. Yup, we like pants.

Anyway, yesterday I wore some pants that were those fancy zip off/away pants that you can turn into shorts thanks to some weird fashion designer team or person. Yeah, they're comfortable and what have you. Of course they had to be because I bought the size I prefer [which might be slightly on the larger size than I really need]. But the thing is that I really enjoy shorts and hence I will be wearing said pants without the lower half. Now this is the third pair that I've owned. The first pair I lost one of the pant legs so they permanently became shorts. The second pair having worn them as shorts so many times the discoloration became so distinct that you could hardly tell that they belonged. Hence, I threw away the lower half recently. The third pair starting to show color differences may become shorts soon enough unless I want wear said pants that will soon become two completely different colors. What did I expect? This was bound to happen. Not that my style was all that great anyway. But I will try and be as minimally hideous as possible.

Plus, if you so desired, the switching out of the lower half of your pants with some other character who shares the same style of zippity offs we could have quite the fashion collaboration of sorts. I'm not saying that this is a great idea and that we all should do it [got word that Chairman Mao was trying to do this, that's bad]. I'm more than likely saying that this is an idea that should only be done maybe for 15 minutes before requesting the return of the lower half of your pants. You're silly.

All in all, I am wearing pants and they're quite cozy. Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

Ben said...

"All in all, I am wearing pants"

This is genius.

Krista said...

Can I have your keys?