04 October 2005

This brings out my uvular /R/

"My clothing is too restrictive,
could you go over and mix things
up a little."
--LJ Frost

There are many joys in this life. Last night I discovered one of the greatest joys to man, or maybe just me. I did laundry. That's not the exact joy but it is good nonetheless. However, I really enjoy pulling my clothing out of the dryer just after the cycle. So warm [uvular /r/]. That's not the half of it though. The best part of it all was that I just washed my beanie and I pulled it out of ye dryer and I put it on. My head was in pure bliss. I felt very happy.

Then, as I was folding my clothes I found out that my feet were cold at which point I pulled whatever stuff I had yet to fold threw it on the couch and proceeded to stick my feet in it. I savored every second. Nothing warms the soul like a freshly dried set of clothing that's quite warm to the touch still. Now on a cold morning I should just go over to the laundromat with some clean clothes, put them in the dryer and heat them up and then go back to bed piling said warm clothing on top of me. I think that would be the greatest thing ever. Hmmm....I am tempted.

Other great things: Yesterday I saw a man that looked like the young version of Michael Keaton. I had to do a double take. That made me very happy. I saw a good friend of mine yesterday in the Bayou's Testing Center. Of course I had to whisper "I love your face!" to her. I rocked my test today. Got some good food from my dear friends. And as I was looking through my ECON notes today, I saw scribbled on the side thus following: "Pour powder and pretend it's cheese." I have no idea what that means but I like it. I will now wallow in some happiness right now and possibly go to the Wal-Mart.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm happy today, too! Largely because fun things like seeing a kid who I know our very own LJ Frost had good-gamed the other day with no reason other than force of habit with her brothers, and laughing to myself as I passed him. Or a large green sweater of mine which is very comfortable, although it wasn't fresh out of a dryer. Mmmm, happiness all over. Good job with that, Flops.

LJ said...

Will I ever live that down?!

Oh, Flopsy dear, I like your/my quote at the beginning of this post...and when and why did I say that?

Amnesia...it's a kicker, sir.