11 January 2006

I never claim sanity

Egon Spengler: Do you talk about the loons and the scoundrels in your family tree?
Peter Venkman: If I didn't, I wouldn't have anybody to talk about
The Real Ghostbusters

So, things have been kind of[*cough* complete understatement] overwhelming these past few days. There are times where I truly hate being an adult. For the most part I think it's pretty okay but, we have our days. Oh yeah, there has also been a lot of freaking out.

Basically here out it goes: there were these certain events and happenstances that occured to me almost exactly this time two years ago and the way things were looking these past few days it looked like history would repeat itself. Winter semester two years ago I got myself into a social and emotional wreck. One friendship was lost and others came very close to being lost. I was incapable of expressing myself. A specific few and myself could not see eye to eye. My solution at the time was to back off and refuse to like them. Doing so pained me more so than most people can imagine. Not a good idea. I was nearly destroyed. Last week I was fearing a repetition of said events. And if that were to happen again well, let's not discuss.

Things are going better now. Still much has to be done. Billions of thoughts still bless and curse my soul. But, many people [specifically three who share the same order of phonemes in their names] have unwittingly entered my life and have stood by me in times like this. Thank you.

1. To the one who refused to let me use Self-Hater as my IM name.
2. To the one who I have been able to cook dinner with.
3. To the one who brightened my day the most last night.
I salute you all.



A tribute to #3 who drew this:

This makes me so happy. I owe you one.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Never mind overjoyed,
Just start with happy--
means no more silent nights
and no more horrid fights.
...
Hey, self-defeater,
you're underrated by yourself
so quit lookin down...
You need attention, you really do
and I know it's yesterday
that you're blowin away...
[you] shouldn't have to try
just to satisfy:
OK, that's my opinion,
but everybody else agrees...
Drive around, and you walk around,
wishin and thinkin, wishin and thinkin;
I think that you think too much;
OK, that's my opinion,
but everybody else agrees.
Quit lookin down, and look up...

-Mark Mulcahy, "hey self defeater"