25 January 2006

one guru of sorts

"What better way to say 'I love you' than by stabbing you in the head with a fork."
--Cami VE


take these broken cleats

Okay, who here remembers the man L. M. Boyd? I do. The columnist dude who had all kinds of weird facts, yeah, he was the coolest. I found him in my little container of uncommon goodies. I remember reading his stuff which was located in the Observer right in between Ann Landers and the comics. I came to enjoy most everything the man published.

I have myself a few little shin-digs of the old newspaper from many years ago. And I smile. I do recall reading about all kinds of oddities/weirdities. The Love and War Man always had something to tell which in turn taught about things I have yet to understand. Like unto the a story about a Kazakh suitor plays "Catch the Maiden" and chases said maiden for a kiss. And then if he catches her, she will then chase him with a riding crop. Then he goes on to state that there's more to but that you can't tell it all. I hope that couple enjoys themselves.

Then we have odd tidbits of information like thus following: The law in acnient Wales permitted a wife to divorce her husband if he had bad breath. So, if you're from Wales, I guess you'll have to eat toothpaste covered food in order to save yourselves. Good luck!

I mean, the man's a certified genius of sorts. And from hence forth, I give him the rank of Knight in the land of Mexinadia. If that means anything to anyone.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Um, do we have Knights in Three-Point-Fivia? I know we've got Captain(Brett, Keith, you), Secretary of State(me and maybe Josh), two Dukes (Matt and Mel), an Arch-Duke?(Brando?), etc., but any Knights?

Anonymous said...

Hrm. Also kinda scary. I had no idea oral hygiene was so important in acnient Wales. Thank goodness you don't try to hold that one against me. I mean, oh, I've said too much already.

Oh, and I've been a Commodore for some time. I'm sorry about that, but I think I outrank you. Now swab the deck!

Ben said...

Um, I'm not military at all (ex-Sec. of State), so I ain't swabbin' nothing but a hefty pension.