01 February 2006

Hello, my name is Easy

"It was a very respectable speak-easy sir."
--Anthony Rossano,
Oscar

Watch what you put on your nametag

So, as I'm doing some shopping [this will happen every now and again] I get some of the usuals. I'm done shopping. I go to the check out stand for 20 items or less so I cam pay electronic money and get myself going. The girl at the check out is nice enough to do her job. As an employee, she obviously has a nametag. I take a glance [because most people do] at the nametag. First word I saw was ""EASY". That's odd. Generally nobody names their kid Easy.

After taking another inconspicuous look or two I did notice that Easy was not her name. Her name was actually Jessica or something like that. But her printed name was nowhere near as prominent as the word Easy. The tag did have some sort of explanation going on but I didn't care to read it because I was too busy thinking that I thought her name was Easy.

There are plenty of things you should never name your kid. Easy is one of those names. In fact, I hope it's not even a name. Also, you should never name your kid after a vehicle. "Hello, my name is Dodge Ram."

4 comments:

Krista said...

Ford Prefect? Obviously, car names are game. Mos Def would tell you so himself.

And yes, "easy" would be a terrible name. Only if the words "fast and cheap" accompanied it, could the name be worse.

I salute you, Flops. Monkey points all around.

Ben said...

Nice. Now everyone has an Easy Button, but only a select few have an Easy nametag. I want one.

Anonymous said...

Would it be terrible if my middle name were Easy? This is something I really need to know. Soon, probably.

Chase said...

Now I'm worried that my name DID become Easy. You're gonna give me nightmares.