21 February 2006

not too different than footsies

"This would be a perfect moment if I didn't have to pee."
--Jamie Probert


playing backsies is very weird

We all the know concept of footsies. Imagine the following:

Brando and Mel are on their fifth date. Things have been going well. Neither of them are sure how to make the next move. But, with the coaxing of their good mutual friend [bénxa] they know something is going to happen. Now it's just a matter of them deciding when and how. So, there you have the two just sitting next to each other at the semi clean table that's supposed to be used for eating. There's blushing on both sides and we know why. Then all of sudden, there's some movement of feet and and we have extended contact of podiatry or chiropody. Amazingly enough, there is also return fire. I think everyone is okay with this.

There we have it. extended contact of the feet and we have the creation of the word we know as "footsies". I myself think it may be possible to expound on the concept. I think we can derive other like words to describe other forms of contact. Example: the playing with your neighbor's fingers or maybe even holding hands could/should be called "handsies". Rubbing backs could in fact be called "backsies". I do believe that I have played shouldersies with a girl in a class or two.

This does actually stem off a story when I did play backsies with my roommate. It was very odd experience but the fact we called said happenstance backsies pretty much made our day. So, I guess...there you have it.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Remember that time I ate my weight in Godfather's pizza?