27 February 2006

Michelle says I lost that twitch in my eye

"We are who we choose to be."
--Green Goblin, Spiderman 1


disappearing act

I pretty much had this thought last night. Awhile ago one of my old friends said that I lost that certain twitch in my eye. Apparently it's not quite as screepy as it used to be. Well, I've change in these past two years. I think all of us have, unless you are Jack Nicholson which makes you always creepy. Now the thing is that I look back and see how I've changed. I also see how other people have changed. I wonder how things have become like this, what exactly are they now and how things will pro or regress. Believe you me, it kind of shakes your soul to think about this.

My point is thus; I think I've lost touch with certain people. They just seem foreign to me now. And that's really sad to me. I vaguely remember the friendships that we used to have and many of the happenstances that we've shared. How did we manage that? I trusted you with most everything. Why do you and everyone in your apartment think I'm lying when I say "You're beautiful," instead of "hello"? Why is it that I like you best when you're agitated at someone else? What keeps us from the then and now? I don't know.

I see friends from then and friends from now. They're different people. Not complete opposites but different nonetheless. Have we developed in so many individual directions to the point that we've become foreign to each other? I think that's what happened. We have our influences and we have our choices. What to we do? Do we shut some people off? Do we take the highway to one persons personality and their circle of friends? Do we become reclusive and let nothing out? Does everyone know my soul?

The question is: Can we still allow you and I to influence each other? Maybe.

No comments: