07 August 2005

Care-a-Lot, We care a lot

"It's cooler out there, warmer in here, I need a tuna sandwich."--Jim

Digging around my closet and/or taking stuff out and putting it all back I happenstanced upon my Care Bear. I've owned that bear since about the mid 1980's when I got it for Christmas one year. My mommy made it. It's totally Funshine Bear. Brings back so many memories. So of course I slept with Funshine Bear next to me. Talk about good times. I mean, he even has the whole heart "tattoo" on the left side of his bummel region. That seems kind of weird to me. Oh well.

Since I've had this bear for probably near 20 years, we've been through a lot together. There's a hole in his armpit and he's also missing his right pupil. But that's okay, he's still got class. I just remember Funshine Bear around me about all the time. And I have him around for sentimental reasons. He makes me happy. I think that's their job. It works.

Does anyone remember the Care Bear movies? I do somewhat. The one about the carnival was kind of creepy. But as I recall, they were still really feel-good movies. I know my parents have them on VHS somewhere at home. That's a massive wall of videos. I should probably dig those up. Well, sweet dreams

1 comment:

Stephie said...

My roomate's grandma gave me one last year. That was cool. It's Share bear.