05 August 2005

I feel funky

"Go down there in one of those cool little cars and set off a couple of nukes and we'll all have a good time."--Prof. Skinner

I'm exhausted. Two reasons: actual work as a cleaning technician in Heritage Halls and the processing of thoughts throughout the day. Today was full of some unexpectedness with a little bit of what have you scaliwag. The basic premise is that I desire change but do not know what I want. Or something like that...

First off, doors are for going through and windows are for looking through. I'll go through the door. Mostly because I work there. I like being given money, even though I have to work for it. The kids visiting the dorms for the week invited me to go through the window. I ignore them for a reason. Two reasons. They bother me and I clean up after them. So I have eight hours to do my thing at work. I can do the basics within two of those hours. The amount of time we have to do all our duties is ridiculous. No wonder I spend a good portion of my time with some of my fellow custodians. Thanks Auds and Jules. However today, I did some group work [of which I was not crew leader and was very happy] and I had to pass around some supplies and a little more upkeep than usual. 'Twas happy. I felt I accomplished something. Hooray!!

For the thought process action, the thing that started it off was that I saw someone whom I have not seen in quite some time. We've gotten back to that nod 'hello' phase. We haven't had much of any other phase. You're a great concept. This then started me thinking about where the freaking blazes to I do I want to go in certain aspects of my life. I basically said in my head "Ah CRAP!!" [side note: I was listening to the first song on the Weezer Pinkerton album when I saw the above Sandra D] I'm thinking, come fall semester, I think my social scene is going to be messed up. Wow.

Happy note: Eating at the Creamery I ordered my food and the thing is that once the food is ready, the employees call out your name so you can get your product that will soon be consumed by none other than your very self. I had them pronounce my name as "Filpay" instead of "Felipe" because that is the way my supervisor says my name. And she's been my boss for nearly a year and a half now. We all laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you saw Sandra D? I want to hear all about it!