23 August 2005

I heart stereotypes

"You're the first person I bought off here."--Brian Cassaday

I'm driving back to my pad from West Jordan thinking about who knows what and lo and behold, I have a thought [amazing isn't it? shut up!!]. I was thinking, stereotypes. Side note: resembles kind of the caste system? just a side note. Basic thing is, we classify people. I don't know why, we just do. I guess it's in our nature. There are definitely certain kinds of people and just subconsciously group them together.

Certainly there are all types of people. We know who knows how many of them. I myself have met upwards of probably several thousand people as have you and that person off to the left. Every single one of them with their own little bit of individualism, personality, gene code and hair color. We get to know them and soon enough we put people into a specific group or folder or something like that.

The jock, skater, rich girl, pretty boy, momma's boy, teacher's pet, socially inept one, village bicycle, SeƱor Cardgage, creepy guy who writes those letters, fun one, the guy who won't shut up, *wench*, "he smells funny", loud one, obnoxiuos jerk, Tim Curry, "what the crap are you doing?" girl, the opinionated one, Sandra D., the not your regular dude, this person has the IQ of a brick and "why are you making fun of my southern accent?". Just to name a few kinds of groups.

So we get classified. I guess we might have to do it for identification purposes. But we do it nonetheless and we do it a lot. I think we like it. We can't or refuse to do nothing else. We're messed.

1 comment:

Ben said...

The guy that leaves his music on even when he's not home, the one who puts Sacajaweas up his nose, the guy who wears pink tubetops...