14 November 2005

The sun is longer a heat source

"I'm gonna take a hot shower thinking of all this ice."--Sanka Coffie, Cool Runnings

So when I walked to school this morning I had some sort of feeling of foreboding because of the freeziness factor. But I go through classes okay. I'm inside mostly and I get done all that needs to. You know how that goes. Then, after my last class is done, I head on over to work. The problem with this is that there was rain and it was cold and then there was hail and freeziness!!! MY POOR LITTLE SENSES [well, two out of the five]!!! I became wet and cold. I'm not happy about this. After work there happens to be snow falling to the ground. The wind is whipping across my face. Thank heavens for the high collar because my neck would have been destroyed. But, snow? Ah, man!! Now come the days of a red nose that no longer functions outside because it's frozen. Gone are the days of rolling down my car window and blasting muzak for everyone to hear. I now have to graft my beanie on top of my head, not that I don't mind so much. Eh....

However, the one good thing that will come out this winter [and I'll make sure of it], when a good snow comes around, I will be building a snow goon in front of someone's apartment window.

2 comments:

Julie said...

freshmen are crazy. one day they will learn that snow comes every freakin year!... good luck with the snow goon.

Krista said...

Can it be Casper, the Friendly Goon?

(Note. This pun is not my own. But I have stolen it for my own nefarious purposes.)