07 November 2005

What the crap have I forgotten?

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unkown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly."
--JHVO 2004

Ah, the written record of one's life can be many things. It can be warm and fuzzy, bitter-sweet, absolute myrth and jollity and sometimes even haunting. We all know why I write. Thanks to Matsugi who came across a moment that I had completely forgotten and thought, that night was total craziness. There are also a few reminders in the moleskine that I had put down for obvious reasons. Hence, I should go back and read those suckers again. But that's a hard task I've discovered. The range of emotions always does a number on me. It's a lot to take in.

I was surprised to see when I went through Matsugi's journal how much we are alike. With the same insecurities, angst, wanting to destroy something, anything. Small little details that define someone. Define who they are and how they got there. There was even one word that stuck out to me because I had said it too. I will respect.

I look back and see how we've changed. I've been very impressed. We as human beings go through a lot of crap. I only hope that I've grown as much. I am so glad that she is so good to me. Looks past many of faults and reminds me to fix things here and there. I cannot ask for more. Thank you.

1 comment:

Amy Adams said...

Oh, but I am just a simple migrant, wandering through the strands of time and space. I can only hope I spread bits of joy amongst all the angst and despair.

And yes, it's creepy how much our journals are alike. It's just slightly irritating how mine goes back to fifteen and yours only goes to...22?

-Matsugi