20 December 2005

This is home?

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?"
--Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz

"All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth!"
--Alvin and the Chipmunks

As I tap my heels together and say, "There's no place like home," I realize, yup, there isn't any place like it. Right now, it's more of a frozen wasteland than Provo. The weather is rather horrendous as it usual is for about 7 months of the year [Oct. to Apr. you can count on being mostly bad, the rest is normal funkiness]. The drive was something else. But I'm here and I may as well enjoy it.

Home, Mom and Dad are busy working. Little sister doing her own thing which often includes her trying to pick at my brain somehow. There's very little family to what I'm used to. That's sad. I generally have about 50 gwazillion peoples around. I work around it though. The house is cold, probably just below 70ºFahrenheitt [Matsugi, you would probably resort to several huge blankets for the entire day]. Mom and Dad are great cooks but dinner has consisted of microwaving leftovers so far. Having saved my laundry for probably longer than a good idea has left me wearing shorts for the entire day as all of my long pants underwent a cleaning cycle.

Sleep is another matter. First, there were the prank calls at 12:30am Monday morning to which I resorted to telling said prankster something like this, I'm traveling tomorrow so if you want me to die, please keep calling. Last night I still felt as if I were in motion because of so long in a car. Tonight is going to be spent in buses and stations. So, I anticipate being wasted for most of the break. But I do believe it will be worth it.

All in all, Christmas is a good time. Many people are missed, most of you know who you are. So, I guess, have a wonderful day.

No comments: