23 April 2006

I don't want to be human

"I'm spread, so thin, I don't know who I am."
--Tired of Sex, Weezer


You knew better



First off, I'm guilty of the same. But, can I ask this question: Have you ever believed in something so much that you would do anything to make it true? I think I have. However in the answer to that question, one can't do it alone. One needs to the "okay" to continue forth with that dream in certain cases. I also have to ask the following: How do we not trifle with other peoples dreams? This is not an easy road to walk.

Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect. I certainly have my faults and weaknesses. Believe you me. I only ask that my faults or weaknesses not be exploited. I know we're human. But I don't want to be human, nor do I want other people to be human. I guess we should all be robots. But I think I'm asking too much right there. Yeah, I am.

Now, I'm not as bitter or as angry as I sound here. I'm just trying to get things straight here. I'm certainly entitled to my own opinion as is everyone else. If you get the brunt of it, I'm sorry. But thanks for listening.

Thanks for all the fish

To those still worry about my soul, thank you so much. To Cami, Callie, Sharalyn and Mandy who never let me down. To Ruth for "loving up" my Moleskine and for those conversations about things we should never do to other people. To Krista and LJ for being some of the most loving and funny peoples ever. To Kersina for the conversation very early this morning for me and mid-afternoon for you and sorry about the German [the jibblies ensue]. To Katherine for accepting that hubcap. To Sandra D. for unwittingly setting me straight. To Amy, for everything. To Amy, for landing me some great advice and incredible drawings. To Aimee for saturday morning cartoons, the up and coming Carmen San Diego and many other joyous ideas done together. To Amy for the fireworks and much more. To Mom and Dad [temporal and Heavenly], I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you.

3 comments:

LJ said...

To Flops. For being exactly who you are: dad-gum lovable. For the Moleskine, and my date-stamper's frequent appearance in said Moleskine. For figuring out how exactly to spell a raspberry--by taking all the vowels out of a friend's last name. (That's "brthpt," for all who don't know.) For everything. I love you, Flopsy-dearest.

Ben said...

To Flops:
For being absolutely inappropriate in a way I can't help but laugh at. (For good-gaming the bishop).
For driving to the Wal*Mart from Hades on frequent occasion, and for being very human.
And I wonder how J. Brthpt feels about that raspberry thing.

vgizlovj,
Benihana

LJ said...

To Benihana:

I don't know how J. Brthpt feels. I haven't told werf yet. Nor do I plan to--I don't think werf would be very amused.

Ysaul,
L'Afro