20 April 2006

Painting the town red

"In this world there are two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it."
--Oscar Wilde


Way to hold strong Newell

Never had he seen her like that. Not once had Newell been the one who wiped away the tears of McKay and give words of comfort. That was her job mostly. That was because he was the one who was supposed to get in trouble. However, they haven't seen each other as of late. The reunion was good but it shouldn't have been like this. Newell lied there recalling the events of the late night.
--

He sat there and listened to McKay. She could hardly speak through the sobs. He could tell that she had been holding this in for a very long time. Newell knew that she could not go on much longer with that Griffith boy.
"He never treated me right. I was always the 'sure, you can be my girlfriend when I'm bored'." Newell didn't know how this took but he knew she wouldn't be okay until she spoke every single one of her thoughts. That's how she worked. There was no stopping her but Newell didn't mind. He missed it in fact. The way she rambled when she was excited, sad, angry, disappointed. Whetever she was trying to express, Newell was there to listen as he was truly interested in her being happy. That's how he knew her. Happy. He didn't want her feeling any other way.
--

"Buck up Sunshine," he said. McKay looked up and smiled. She said that to him when they first met four years ago. That was their way of saying "I'm there with you all the way". That always got them through. This time is no different.

Maybe I can't write but I had fun with the story

Ben and I went around town. We had to visit some places and people. I forgot all about Newell and McKay. Completely forgot. When I remembered the good times I rolled over and did that giggle thing. I was so happy. In fact, I haven't seen Sister Kimball in forever. Anyways, the time has come to think about practice. Hmm...Happy Pirates. And this is the T-shirt design.

3 comments:

Flops said...

Please make it stop!!!

Ben said...

By that I mean, please make it stop!! This time I'm me, not you.

LJ said...

By please, I mean, can I puh-LEEZE have a HP t-shirt? This one? In my size? With my initials on the back?