15 November 2006

Honesty is a blunt medicine

"This ham spits in your general direction!"
--Tamsen


They're more like guidelines if we like you

We have rules. Rules of the land of rules of the common people. Some are written and some are not. How these rules apply to you varies on your attitude. Really, they do. Basically, the bigger [favorite explicit noun that would make your mother blush] you are, the more the rules apply to you. Also this applies to the fact if you're less willing to take responsibility, I will pound the rules into your soul. For me, there is no escaping in you're an *****.

Stories:
I deal with a lot of freaks when it comes to returns. Now, we could be real sticklers on it if we abided by it word for word. But we let the smaller things slide. Now, there was a lady who tried to return some stuff that was completely hosed and denied most if not all responsibility. We didn't return it. Of course she swore a cuss and caused a ruckus, hence we laid down the law. Word for word. Other people we'll just say "we usually don't do this but we'll take care of it". All because of their attitude. My manager has told me that she specifically denied returns solely on the attitude of a person. I can deal with that. Then we have people with legit reasons and deal with the details. After those people I thank the Lord for helping a decent person.

Then we have cops. Try arguing with cops. That will get you nowhere. Just let them do their thing if you get pulled over. They'll hint the easy way out and you're on your way. They'll lower the level of the citation or drop it mostly. Just take what you deserve. I'm sure it must be nice for them not deal with someone freaking out at them.

I guess the moral of this post is take some responsibility. There's nothing wrong dealing with not so lucky happenings in your life. Last time I checked, life wasn't fair. So why complain? Take a loss. Surprisingly enough, I'm content.

C:\>Good_Luck_

No comments: