09 November 2006

Population Growth: The Musical

"Don't punish me to make Ben cool."
--Doug, the Doug


ask babytalk.com please

"See Our Breasts"
[sing to the tune of "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast]

See our breasts, see our breasts--
Everywhere, half-naked chests
While we nurse,
The prudish curse
And wish we'd button up our vests.
Sorry, folks, look away
If we're too décolleté,
But this is what boobs are made for,
Not those Wonderbras you're paid for.
We refuse to go feed
Hunched in bathroom stalls--indeed,
We're appalled that you would make such rude requests,
Would you agree to eat
Upon a toilet seat?
See our breasts, see our breasts, free our breasts!


My commentary

Well, first of all I work at the BCF where we have a department called Baby Depot. Hence, we have all kinds of baby paraphanelia including Babytalk magazine where I read said lyrics. Now, I'll give myself a chance to look through and read a few things from said Babytalk when I'm not busy at work. Let me be the first to tell you that I've learned many things about many things related to birth. Babytalk goes over a lot of stuff about parenting mostly focusing on motherhood. Also, it took me at least four tries to actually read through said musical number. I'm an XY, what do you expect at my age and situation?

Actual opinion on breast feeding: Natural, the baby has to be fed. I don't know the percentages but breast feeding is something that happens out there. True that I'm not all that comfortable with seeing it as a passerby [you know what I mean], but I realize that it is something immensely important to mother and child. I think it can be essential bonding time for mom and baby. I'm no parent and there are studies about this, I just think that one shouldn't meddle with the growth of a child unless your own. This is also a matter that parents should decide what's best for their offspring. I will discuss the matter with my wife when the time comes. Right now, I will deal with it and let the moms do their thing for the kid. I can do nothing more.

Family, isn't it about time?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Now I must clean up the Ensure™ off my keyboard.

Anonymous said...

1. There are shirts designed to help keep covered while uncovering. 2. There are bras designed to help keep covered while uncovering. 3. There are baby blankets in your diaper bag, car, house, on your baby that can be used to keep from the public. Urinating is also natural but that rarely happens in public. Churches are smart... they have Mother's Lounges for this very purpose.

Unknown said...

oh my awesome.

Ben said...

The login word is "opuem" as in "I think you smoke opuem."

Unknown said...

p.s. i just realized you linked me as "something rad" and i'm fantabulously flattered. mayhaps i should apply for my mexinadian citizenship card...

p.p.s. ubhicfu...as in "you be high?" "si." "eff you!"