28 February 2005

This is unheard of

"Anger at lies lasts forever, anger at truth can't last."--Greg Evans

I'm a college student. There's somewhat a bunch of stuff going on around me and I get caught up in a good portion of all that hullabaloo. Hence, I go to bed way too late and get up without much sleep with certain obligations like school and work. That generally means I'm all kinds of groggy and/or incoherent. Then that leads to affect my day in various ways. This happens and really, I thinks it's a part of life that we all tend to live on occasion.

This past week however I tried something. I set a personal goal. Not much, but it was something that I deemed important to me. What I had to do was simple but often times I saw myself not do anything about it because of laziness and lack of will. But I focused a little bit more and I saw a difference. I felt accomplished. I felt really good. This is something I haven't done in a long while (referring to goal-making) and I am wanting to experiment with it and what have you. I'm okay with this plan.

The other thing is that I went to bed before midnight two nights in a row. Last time I did that was about a year and a half ago. Sure, Saturday and Sunday were busy days, especially the latter, and I wanted to collapse on several occasions, the whole going to bed early is still a rather hard thing to do. But I did it. I saw a change in a lot of things. Good stuff was seen. Now the plan is to go to bed early. I'm going to see how long I can hold on to this and what will come of it. This is something that I want. I know there's a lot out there for me and I just need to stay strong and do what needs to be done. I know something good will happen.

Please take care of yourselves. You are all good peoples.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Yeah! Kick that rock!