21 March 2005

what the inspiration?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it."--Robert D. Hales

Most people are human. I've been thinking these past few days about inspiration. And generally when one thinks, one discovers something and hence, let me share. I have observed that one is able to receive inspiration from some pretty odd places. Many of which are experiences and/or happenstances throughout the day. A thought comes and you're like, "whoa, hey, that's kinda cool." And by doing certain activities or reading certain books/newspapers/blogs and what else have you. And then you often go to those same places looking for more inspiring stuff.

I myself have realized that a large portion of my inspiration comes from reading or scanning through none other than Calvin and Hobbes. I really don't know what it is about Calvin or Hobbes or the side commentary of Bill Watterson that sparks my thinking genre. Possibly it's because I think much alike them. But whatever the reason I always seem to feel much better and find some thing I want to apply in my daily thought process.

Whatever helps you and wherever you get that inspiration, it's something good. Everyone needs a special place. And also special people for those feel-good moments. I treasure those.

No comments: