22 October 2006

Little Ones

"I'm always up for a good scandal."
--Tiffany Jones


How I feel

Yesterday at work, I'm doing my own thing. I usually do that. I talk to a lot of people. -ish. Some days I feel like a digital recording. "Thank you for calling Burlington Coat Factory in Orem where we now offer cash back, this is Felipe, how may I help you?" All is going okay, the usual.

So, there I am and there are three females: one grandma, one mom and one little girl probably about five years old. Mom and grandma are going through the motions and the little girl starts talking to me about how she's going to go camping this weekend. She was all excited and telling me stuff. I was like "Hey, that sounds fun" and responding to her some. I even told her that if she was good, then she might see a shooting star. It was such a feel-good conversation. What innocence! What good times!! And then I thought to myself; I want to be a dad! No, really, I do. This first started while I was interacting with my niece a few months back. I just want to have nice, innocent conversations that you can really only have with kids. I would love to be some little ones greatest hero. I love interacting with the small ones. I almost never get the chance now.

Before I get to be a dad though, I have to deal with people [specifically women] around my age. And we all know what kind of luck I've had. But all will work out. Right now I'd just rather dream and let things happen. We know how I work. An all is good as of this moment. I have a few ideas. *devious smiles*

C:\>Good_Luck.exe_

5 comments:

Chase said...

I'm kind of jealous. Little girls scare me. Seriously.

Krista said...

Oh, holy cow. Man, I had such fun with a little girl today. SUCH fun. I wonder if I scared Fat Emo Boy, who hadn't seen that side of me, as I'm hiding behind the giant pillow from his niece. And it didn't help, I expect, that I'm starved for little-kid attention, so I was way more enthusiastic than usual.

Wow. So much fun, though. I know exactly what you mean, although I'm not yet desparate to have kids of my own. They'll come when they come. Until then, I'm going to play with everyone else's, though.

"papcsddl"

Genuine Draft said...

Little children are pretty much the greatest. I kidnapped a few of them just the other day and if you want, I'm more than willing to share them. I acquired them so as to force them into servitude, but now that they're done cleaning out my rain gutters I have little use for them. Perhaps you have some silverware they could polish?

Unknown said...

awww...

nobody had said it yet, and i felt it needed to be said.

little kids rule.

Anonymous said...

@Genuine
I wondered where my nephew went the other night

@felipe
I totally agree!

~New Yorker!