10 October 2006

Never been so excited

"You remind me of a two year old me with a rubber lobster."
--Krista


to have been cut off

This is a short story but great nonetheless. Imagine thus following: A bearded man inside a Chevy Lumina.


So, there I am driving up University Avenue and was going to take a left turn onto Bulldog because I was getting food Saturday night. There was a red light and hence a line of cars in three lanes. I'm in the turn lane minding my own business and rocking out to my music. I thnk I was listening to the Postal Service. Anyways, there I am waiting for the go signal. There's a green but I'm not moving because one can't turn through oncoming traffic [that's bad], I look to my right and there is this bearded man in a Chevy Lumina [same color as mine too, wierd] who was rolling down his window down and was pointing in front of me way too excitedly. It took me a second to realize that he wanted to turn left. But the man was truly happy about it somehow. At least, he appeared so. Imagine a five year old kid going up to a stranger and pointing at a new toy that his mom is about to buy for him. So I couldn't let him down. I couldn't be so cruel. I couldn't take a man down who was so elated to cut me off. I let him in. And I just felt really good inside. Yeah, I feel good. Ah.....

4 comments:

Keith said...

Willie Nelson, is that you?!

Chase said...

You let someone in. I give you 10 bonus points.

Julie said...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's a good story. I like the ones I can understand.

Unknown said...

i just can't stop laughing over those pictures. that guy is priceless.