02 October 2006

Yom Kippur

"Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD."
--Leviticus 23:27, KJV


Tradition

I'm glad for this time. It is something that brings us together. We wear ties. We have ties to share to help others celebrate with us. We have a few IBC's. We as friends do what we do best, make each other feel good inside. Look back on the good times and plan for more. This is not my holiday but it is something I can use to better myself. Which is good for me.

This is a day of forgiveness. Now that I've take a few minutes to consider some of the meaning I can apply something good to me. I can forgive. Others. I know that generally we don't mean to hurt others but it happens every now and again. Looking past others faults will help heal the bonds I have with other souls. Myself. I'm really hard on myself a lot. Like I've said before, I need change. And how can I change and let go of the old stuff unless I forgive myself. I think I'm good for right now.

2 comments:

kersina said...

you're a good man charlie brown.

Ben said...

But sadly, we did not do the Brandon dance.