16 July 2005

You can be dispensed

"We're just two ordinary people hating the crap out of each other."--Audrey H.

So, I've decided that many people, more often that not, have the collective IQ of a brick. There was this massive camp-out shindig and once again I realized that a lot of people are careless twits. Signs are pretty clear, so why the blazes are you driving in the wrong direction? Do you not know how to read? I don't care out if we are in the middle of freaking nowhere, so please have some respect. It's not that hard. It's not inconvenient.

Don't throw anything at my car even if it is just a water balloon. Apologize once and go away. I don't care for any explanation or lengthy groveling for forgiveness. Please depart.

You got a ride up here. That means someone has a car and you transported here by their kindness. I know I have six seatbelts. Just know this: please ask for a ride. Do not expect that you will automatically get one if you just follow the group up to my vehicle. I am an easy-going man but I am not okay with everything. I am not always happy. You cannot expect me to be happy all the time. I experience different emotions. I am human.

Respect other people. Don't take open space just because it's there. People need a margin of error. No one is perfect. There is tolerance, stepping on the toes, being entirely too strict and also stupidity. Know your limits. Do not test them.

No comments: